“Date” Night Cookies
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup dates, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, honey, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Stir until ingredients are completely combined.
- Then mix in the dates and pecans.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop balls of dough (should make 18) onto the sheet.
- Press the dough down to ½- inch thick circles.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly firm.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Pretty good cookies. The texture was just right, the recipe wasn’t too hard, the sweetness was good, and they were nice and moist. But the cookies struck me as kind of bland, actually! Even with the pecans and the dates to provide little chunks, they were still kind of lacking. Next time I make them, I’m going to try adding white chocolate and macadamia nuts.