Against All Grain’s N’Oatmeal Cookies: St. Patrick’s Day Style
- 2 tablespoons finely ground golden flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- ½ cup unsweetened sunbutter
- 6 medium pitted dates
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup finely shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the ground flaxseed and water to make a slurry.
- Combine the sunbutter, dates (strongly suggest that you process the dates first, before you add sticky things!), and applesauce in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the flax slurry, honey, vanilla, and vinegar and process for 15 seconds to combine.
- Add the coconut, coconut flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Process for 10 seconds, until fully incorporated.
- Remove the blade and stir in raisins by hand.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Gently flatten tops of cookies with damp fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cook on a wire rack. Cookies will turn green once cooled and will continue to get a deeper green after 2 hours.
These were a pain to make. One of the first steps is combine sunbutter, applesauce, and dates in food processor. That did not work. The dates just stuck to the outside so it took forever to combine. Also, they didnt turn out that green, even two days later. The n’oatmeal cookies tastes better.