Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, unsalted (preferably organic)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 whole egg, or a flax egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the first five ingredients until a thick, gooey batter forms, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, or cookie scoop, drop batter onto a baking sheet lined with a Silpat, or parchment paper. This dough is much stickier than traditional cookie dough, but don’t worry – it’ll turn out just right.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350F, turning the pan half-way through the baking time so that the cookies brown evenly.
- Once the cookies are lightly browned, remove the pan from the oven, and allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. They will firm-up as they rest, so this step is important!
- Once they are cool, and firm enough to handle, use a spatula to remove the cookies and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature, with your favourite beverage, or chill in the freezer for a cold, chewy treat! (Austin’s preferred method)
Really good! I’ve made 3-ingredient PB cookies before (PB, sugar, egg) and they turned out to be really dense, like you were eating straight peanut butter. It must be the baking soda and the salt that made these ones better, so DON’T LEAVE THOSE OUT! Although these are technically not paleo, they’re pretty close, and you can probably replace the peanut butter with almond butter or sunflower butter or hazelnut butter or anything else.