Carrot Cake Chocolate Chunk Breakfast Cookies
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 40 mins
Total time 50 mins
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice I didn’t have any, so I substituted: 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp cloves
- pinch of salt
- ½-1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add carrots, coconut sugar, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk.
- Then add coconut flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt and mix until combine.
- Then fold in chocolate chunks.The dough will seem a bit dry and thick, don’t worry.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop a rounded scoop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, then press the cookie down with your fingers.
- Repeat. This should make 12-13 cookies.
- Bake for
35-40 minutes until cookies are cooked through in the middle. Um, I’m not so sure. This seems long to me, so I baked 30 minutes and then checked on them, and they weren’t burnt, but they were definitely overdone. Next time I’m going to try 20 minutes.
via PaleOMG – Paleo Recipes – Carrot Cake Chocolate Chunk Breakfast Cookies.
I don’t think the baking instructions are correct. As I mentioned, they were overdone when I put them in for 30 minutes. That being said, they were a solid cookie recipe and quite enjoyable, but not as cake-y as the title would have led to believe.
Ease of Baking
- Bland Rich
- Not sweet Sweet
- Mild Spicy
- Dry and Crumbly Wet and Gooey
- Crunchy Chewy
- Cookie Cake