Nyoutritious’ Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Nyoutritious Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 12 mins Total time: 17 mins Serves: 14 cookies
- 1 cup (100 gm) almond flour
- 20 gm (3/4 oz) 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp hazelnut butter (almond, cashew or peanut butter work as well)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp orange zest (optional) (not preferred)
- 2 tbsp honey (agave or maple syrup can be used too) (I used agave)
- ⅓ of a vanilla bean stalk (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F) and grease a big flat baking plate with coconut oil.
- Combine almond flour, bicarb soda, salt and orange zest in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil, agave, vanilla extract and hazelnut butter and combine well with a spoon until mixture sticks together.
- Fold in the roughly chopped chocolate pieces and press the dough with your hands until it becomes one big sticky mass.
- Scoop up a tea spoon of dough and roll it with your hands. Place on a greased baking plate and flatten gently with your fingers. Do this with all the dough.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven, on one of the middle ridges, at 150°C (300°F) for 8-12 minutes until golden brown. (Note that baking time may vary with different ovens, so keep a close eye on them).
- Leave the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving (remember the cookies will still be a little soft when you take them out of the oven, but they will harden up as they cool down).
via Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies » Nyoutritious.