Chai Spice Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1/2 cups tapioca starch (or arrowroot)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (in solid form)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together the oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until completely blended. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop the cookie dough on a cookie sheet. It will spread a bit as it cooks (and thus flatten), but not an awful lot.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. These cookies will not look golden when they’re done. Makes two dozens.
via That Gluten Free Girl: Chai Spice Cookies (vegan, paleo, sugar free).