Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
Made with spicy ginger, cinnamon and molasses, these chewy ginger molasses cookies will be a cookie jar favorite.
- 1 cup/256g almond butter (roasted unsalted)
- 3 Tablespoons/45g unsulphured molasses
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger root
- 3/4 cup/144g coconut sugar
- ¼ cup/30g coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper . Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or by hand, beat together the almond butter, molasses, eggs and freshly grated ginger until smooth.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together coconut sugar, coconut flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the sugar and spice mixture to the almond butter mixture while mixing on low until just combined.
- Drop the dough by the rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges and starting to crack in the center (the cookies will looked slightly puffed but will flatten and crackle more as they cool), about 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheets out of the oven then transfer the parchment paper with the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
via Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies (Gluten-Free, Paleo Friendly) | Gourmande in the Kitchen.