BakerGal’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
BakerGal’s Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, via Delicious Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: paleo recipes, dessert recipes and more.
- 5 oz (1 1/4 cups) very finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar (or 1/4 cup raw honey plus 1 to 2 tsp water. See below for date paste substitution.)
- 1/8 cup macademia nut oil (I used ghee)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A scant 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips. I used Guittard Extra Dark chocolate chips (63% cocoa and incredibly smooth). Using a darker chocolate (for example, the Guittard 72% Cacao Baking Discs) will make the cookies less sweet.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Mix almond flour, salt, and baking soda well.
- In a small bowl, mix agave nectar, Macadamia nut oil, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing well. Batter should be thick enough that you can roll a small ball between your palms and set it on the cookie sheet without it drooping or losing shape.
- Add dark chocolate chips.
- Make 16 – 20 small balls of paleo chocolate chip cookie dough and space them evenly on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press the cookies down as flat as possible with the palm of your hand. This is important! The cookies will NOT spread out on their own.
- Bake about 6 minutes. Watch closely and remove when the edges start to brown. . . they could be done at 4 minutes or at 8 minutes depending on the size of the cookie and your oven calibration.
Ease of Baking
- Availability (I could not find Macadamia Nut Oil and my local health food store was closed. In the end, I used ghee instead)
- Bland Rich
- Not sweet Sweet
- Mild Spicy
- Dry and Crumbly Wet and Gooey
- Crunchy Chewy
- Cookie Cake