Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 c pitted dates (4.75 oz or ~about 20 dates)
- 1/2 c
- 1/3 c unsweetened
vanilla almond milkor coconut milk (i was out of almond & coconut milk on one of my many attempts at baking this, so i used 1/3 c water mixed with 1/3 scoop vanilla protein powder and mixed it in a shaker bottle to make my own “vanilla milk” …it worked great! if you choose this option, i would recommend omitting the extra tbsp vanilla protein powder so the cookie stays a chewy, gooey consistency!)
- 2 tbsp
organic milled flax seed(or 1 egg)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/4 c enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350 and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper (seriously, this is a super sticky batter…parchment paper was my hero during clean up today!)
- pulse the dates in a food processor until they are all chopped up into tiny pieces.
- add in the next 4 ingredients (almond/peanut butter, milk, flax, vanilla) and process until smooooth.
- scrape the sides and add in the next 3 ingredients (protein, baking soda, & almond flour) and pulse food processor until it forms a huge sticky ball of dough! this means it’s almost ready. 🙂
- just fold in your chocolate chips and use a small cookie dough scoop to transfer dough onto parchment paper. i make a tiny bowl of ice water and dip my scooper in it before i scoop each ball of dough…try it, you won’t even be mad. then with the same scooper dipped in ice water, use the rounded side to flatten out each cookie.
- bake for 10 min, and transfer to cooling rack.
- let these cookies rest a few min before you devour them…it’s part of the recipe instructions!!! 🙂
I was out of almond butter, and happened to have Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter in my cupboard, so I used that instead, since there was already coconut in the recipe and I’d been baking a lot with almond recently anyway, so why not try something new? Technically, using peanut butter is not Paleo, but because this recipe offers so many substitutions, it really does count as all sorts of categories. Use flax seed instead of egg for vegan, and almond butter instead of peanut butter for Paleo.
Michael loved these, but then again, he loves peanut butter. I’ll have to try the recipe again using almond butter to see if it gets the same reaction, but at the moment, this recipe was deemed better than the Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, but not quite as good as Date Sweetened Chocolate Chip Cookies.