Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies via Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies | Taylor Made It Paleo.
PREP TIME: 5 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
TOTAL TIME: 15 min
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together egg, honey, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet until all are well incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving plenty of room between each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown on top.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
In last night’s taste test, these cookies were pitted against Date Sweetened Chocolate Chip Cookies and Almond Butter Banana Cookies (with chocolate chips added) for a three way head-to-head-to-head battle with a judges panel of 5. All three were deemed tasty and edible. Two refrained from voting for or against this recipe since they are not fans of coconut, but the general consensus seemed to be:
- Date Sweetened Chocolate Chip Cookies (winner!)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (runner-up)
- Almond Butter Banana Cookies